Men and women from all backgrounds enjoy a wide variety of fulfilling roles within the Air Force Reserve. Opportunities are available in areas such as medical, logistics, administration and air base security. You’ll also have the opportunity to:
- Do something different, exciting and worthwhile
- Build on your existing professional experience and skills
- Make new friends in a dynamic team environment
- Help with community projects and disaster relief
- Give something back to your country
- Receive world-class training that benefits your future
Once trained you will normally be expected to serve for at least 20 days a year, although this can change depending on your needs and the needs of the Air Force. This could involve a normal work day, an evening each week and/or a number of weekends or extended periods away; and we do our best to make sure your service fits in with your work and family commitments.
Your primary responsibility as a Reservist is to support Air Force capability in your chosen job. Members of the Reserve also gain great satisfaction from helping rebuild lives and communities after floods, tsunamis and bushfires; and supporting humanitarian and peacekeeping missions overseas.