Reservists are trained to:
- Receive orders then plan and prioritise tasks
- Be positive and goal-oriented
- Manage time and resources efficiently
- Be self-disciplined and self-reliant
- Be good team players with advanced teamwork skills
- Become better managers and leaders
Reservists may be required to respond during times of crisis and need. You may be eligible for compensation during their time of absence. If eligible, you can receive compensation through the Defence Reserves Support Employer Support Payment Scheme. The minimum rate paid is based on the average full-time adult wage.
Show your public support for the Air Force Reserve by joining the Defence Reserve Support program. Pledge support to your employees who serve our nation as Australian Defence Force Reservists, and acknowledge the skills and other attributes which they bring to the workplace.